NYSEF is a nonprofit organization that is tax-exempt under 501(c) 3 of the U.S. Tax Code. It is comprised of 100% volunteers and is governed by its Board of Directors. Board Officers include a President, President Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and members at large. Committees in place include those for Fundraising, Special Events, Uniforms, Scholarships, Volunteer Coordination, and Community Outreach. The Board holds regular meetings throughout the year, typically on the second Thursday of each month, with correspondences increasing during the ski season.
Almost all of the money that we raise goes directly to supporting the Mt. Rose Team Falcons Ski Team, with our main focus being towards awarding scholarships to deserving Falcons athletes. In addition to scholarships, NYSEF purchases equipment and supplies for use on the hill and at races. Recently, this has included gates, training equipment, radios, cameras, coaches’ wax and tuning supplies, coaches’ professional development and education, video room televisions, and Tahoe League race bibs. We as a team and a nonprofit organization have made great strides in meeting the needs of the skiing youth of Northern Nevada, and we hope to continue our positive impact. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation to our efforts, then please visit our Donations page. Mail items to PO Box 19308, Reno, NV 89511. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thank you!
NYSEF’s mission is to support and promote junior alpine skiing at the recreational and competitive levels. We support all mountain skiing and racing-based ski education in the local community through the Mt. Rose Team Falcons. Some of the things that we do are:
- Offer ski racing scholarship opportunities for deserving athletes
- Supplement funding needed for a successful program
- Support athletes who excel at all levels
- Establish broad-based community support through charitable work with youths
Accomplishing this mission requires a long-term commitment by our board members. Our goals are to:
- Provide excellent communication with member parents and athletes by e-mailing meeting minutes and agendas, and by facilitating regular parent-coach meetings. We work to make sure that the mountain hears the voice of the parent body.
- Honor athletes through an end-of-season recognition banquet.
- Simplify fund-raising for athletes and their families. We ask our parents to network within the community for business sponsorships and involvement.
- Expand the scholarship program by increasing the potential scholarship amounts and the diversity of our scholarship recipients.
- Broaden the athlete talent base to produce high performance athletes that model appropriately for other athletes. We help athletes to transition into High School, College, and U.S. Ski Team athletics. NYSEF expects to support these high profile athletes as needed.
- Establish a relationship with community schools that will enable Falcons athletes with strong academics to train and compete without a significant penalty at school. This results in a ski racing opportunity equivalent to expensive ski academies while athletes remain at home with their families and grow up in their home community.
- Maintain Team Falcons strength in its diversity of ability levels and motivation.
Benefits of NYSEF Membership
NYSEF partners with Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe to deliver a comprehensive development program for every athlete. Membership status goes to all active Team Falcons participants and their families. Benefits delivered by NYSEF to participating families include:
- Maintaining a strong program dedicated to whole child development through fun and stimulating alpine skiing and racing programs.
- Scholarship Program – Athletes can qualify for scholarships defraying travel, equipment, and training expenses.
- Uniform Lease Program – Uniforms for member athletes are leased to participating athletes each year.
- USSA members qualify for USSA’s supplemental insurance program.
- NYSEF pricing discounts at local retailers
- Special invitations to NYSEF benefits and functions.
- Up-to-date bulletins and general information are provided through our Facebook page. You do not have to have a Facebook account to view this page. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Contact us about our volunteer opportunities and other general information by using the form below.
Our mailing address is PO Box 19308, Reno, NV 89511.
NYSEF Contact Form
NYSEF Board Members
Chris Gant Vice President and Snowriders Coordinator email@example.com
Alison Oakley Treasurer and Communications Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Boughner Uniform Coordinator and Scholarship Chairmen email@example.com
Tom Boughner Graphics Designer and Scholarship Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org
Meghan Di Rocco Secretary email@example.com
Alicia Gant Social Media and Communications Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Christi Wilson NYSEF Board Member email@example.com
Mike Paidakovich NYSEF Board Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Aric Shapiro NYSEF Board Member email@example.com
NYSEF Representatives of Mt. Rose
Jim Najima Learn to Fly Lead Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Chuck Harris Head Falcons Coach email@example.com
Our board meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month. Our next board meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st at 6pm at the Dream Crafters Offices, 5488 #1 Reno Corporate Blvd. Everyone is welcome to attend.
All Falcons families are members of NYSEF and are welcome to attend our board meetings. We are also always looking for volunteers. This is a great way to get involved!
Here is a link to all of our current board meeting minutes.