Celebrate, Create, and Support Programs and Partnerships that Provide Opportunities to
Showcase our Community’s Passion for Snow Sports
Support Amateur Ski Racing through the Mt. Rose Falcons
Provide ski racing and academic scholarship opportunities for deserving athletes
Manage the Snow Riders program in partnership with Mt. Rose and the Boys and Girls Club of the Truckee Meadows
Produce documentaries about the history of skiing on competitive snow sports in Northern Nevada to celebrate our strong skiing heritage
Click here to view “Nevada Legends of the Fall“ Line
Now In Production:
“University of Nevada, Reno Legends of the Fall” Line
NYSEF is a nonprofit organization comprised of 100% volunteers and is governed by its Board of Directors. Board Officers include a President, President Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and members at large. Committees in place include those for Fundraising, Special Events, Uniforms, Scholarships, Volunteer Coordination, and Community Outreach. The Board holds regular meetings throughout the year, typically on the second Thursday of each month, with correspondences increasing during the ski season.
We as a nonprofit organization have made great strides in meeting the needs of the skiing youth of Northern Nevada, and we hope to continue our positive impact. If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation to our efforts, then please visit our Donations page. Mail items to PO Box 19308, Reno, Nevada 89511. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thank you!
Accomplishing this mission requires a long-term commitment by our board members. Our goals are to:
- Provide excellent communication with member parents and work to make sure that the mountain hears the voice of the parent body.
- Honor athletes by partnering with Mt. Rose to provide an end-of-season recognition banquet.
- Expand the scholarship program by increasing the potential scholarship amounts and the diversity of our scholarship recipients.
- Broaden the athlete talent base to produce high performance athletes that model appropriately for other athletes. We help athletes to transition into High School, College, and U.S. Ski Team athletics. NYSEF expects to support these high profile athletes as needed.
- Establish a relationship with community schools.
Benefits of NYSEF Membership
NYSEF partners with Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe to deliver a comprehensive development program for every athlete. Membership status goes to all active Team Falcons participants and their families. Benefits delivered by NYSEF to participating families include:
- Maintaining a strong program dedicated to whole child development through fun and stimulating alpine skiing and racing programs.
- Scholarship Program – Athletes can qualify for scholarships defraying travel, equipment, and training expenses.
- Uniform Lease Program – Uniforms for member athletes are leased to participating athletes each year.
- USSA members qualify for USSA’s supplemental insurance program.
- NYSEF pricing discounts at local retailers
- Special invitations to NYSEF benefits and functions.
- Up-to-date bulletins and general information are provided through our Facebook page. You do not have to have a Facebook account to view this page. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Here is a link to all of our current board meeting times.
Contact us about our volunteer opportunities and other general information by using the form below.
Our mailing address is PO Box 19308, Reno, Nevada 89511
NYSEF Board Members
Richard Schreinert President
Chris Gant Vice President and Snowriders Coordinator email@example.com
Alison Oakley Treasurer treasurer@skiNYSEF.org
Todd Torvnien Historian and Legal Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Boughner Uniform Coordinator uniforms@skiNYSEF.org
Tom Boughner Graphics Designer and Scholarship Chairman scholarships@skiNYSEF.org
Alicia Gant Social Media and Communications Chair email@example.com
Christi Wilson NYSEF Board Member firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Paidakovich Communications Liaison info@skiNYSEF.org
Aric Shapiro NYSEF Board Member email@example.com
NYSEF Representatives of Mt. Rose
Our board meetings are held on the third Monday of every month at 6pm at the Dream Crafters Offices, 5488 #1 Reno Corporate Blvd. This month’s meeting is Monday, December 18th. Everyone is welcome to attend! If you have any questions please contact info@skiNYSEF.org
All Falcons families are members of NYSEF and are welcome to attend our board meetings. We are also always looking for volunteers. This is a great way to get involved!